Translate to your language of choice

Friday 31 August 2012

Fear Drop ... the series : Episode Three


… an amalgamation of fiction and fact, popularly called faction. Get entertained and be informed.
Episode Two:  'Gone with the ocean: Part Two'

Kemute prayed for strength to hold on longer as she hoped the nightmare will end quickly, but to her dismay her support gave way and she too began to disappear like a cow in bondage being dragged against its will to a slaughter house, and then she closed her eyes to the unknown.

Okay, this was not how it was narrated, I did a little bit of adjustment but the story is true.


Chika, my client-friend, and I listened to Tajudeen, TJ for short, narrate to me – crying – how he had not valued what he had and had lost her. She was missing with fifteen other people that had been swept away overnight while they slept in their homes. We stumbled on him and this tragic news on our way to an event.

We were in a taxi driving to Terra Kulture, a stone throw from Kuramo beach, where the disaster had occurred. We were attending Open Mic Theater, a stage show where Angelina Jolie, Bimbo Akintola, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Desmond Elliot will be celebrated by some actors as they mimic them by reenacting scenes from some of their memorable works.

Chika had noticed a small gathering of people at the entrance to the beach and had called my attention to it. The taxi driver had reacted by informing us of an ocean surge that had occurred in the early hours of that day. I was shocked that a calamity of that magnitude had happened many hours  earlier and I didn’t hear about it in the news in a country where everyone hate to mind their business and preferred minding other people’s business instead. I reasoned, like I always do, about the kind of country I was living in.

I paid the taxi man whom wasn’t ready to wait for me to alight and feed my curiosity, and I watched Chika follow me reluctantly. Her soul was already at the Terra Kulture, it was just her body that followed me. If she had the courage she would have told me that we should go and enjoy the performances then come back to the beach, but because she knows how drawn I am to disaster and my passion to help its victim she had kept her mouth shut and followed me like I had used a magic portion on her known as 'touch and go'. That was when I’d seen TJ crying and cursing and I moved to him to know the cause.


At first, seizing me up and may be thinking I could have been the cause the disaster, or aided it, he had yelled at me and walked away but seeing that I didn’t give up easily and that I was concerned he warmed up to me.

‘Na my fault’ TJ yelled, and then he blamed himself more for not granting her request, perhaps she may have been alive in Benin with her family.

‘But you don’t know if she is dead’

‘I hope so, God I pray so’ the tears came out again in torrent s, ‘ if no be so then na this government kill her with this their Atlantic City rubbish wey dem dey build for rich people, is it poor people life they will use as sacrifice for this project, is it fair?’

He yelled at me, and I stared at him with no answer to his question, as I hoped silently that Kemute and those still missing would be found, and probably alive. This event made me reflect more on what Abang Mercy had told me about the disappearance of our dear Lagos some years from now, which I had promised to talk about until this tragedy.

‘Hold am, hold him!’, I heard people scream and was shocked to see TJ running towards the roaring sea wave.

They ran after him but their speed was no match for his.

…. To be continued.

Credit
Starring: @aninoritse as EJIRO; @RealBobbyBlaise as Chika's brother; @PinkLipsChic as Chika (Client-friend); @_tedla as TJ; @juiceegirl1as Kemute
Guest Starring: @AbangMercy as herself
Crew: Graphics Designer - @Naughtinez; Photo Concept - @Dinnovatorsmind; Story/Concept - @thenaijaseer
Photo Credits:http://allafrica.com, http://trends.com.ng

Note: You may follow them on twitter for an update on the story.

1 comment:


  1. Straight face...........
    Richard, I wanna act!!!!!!!
    - Dera

    ReplyDelete