Translate to your language of choice

Thursday 14 February 2013

Goldie Harvey Passes On



I had woken up to see a missed call from a very close friend of mine. She had tried to reach me very late in the night, and knowing her very well she doesn’t call for the fun of it. Wondering what could be the purpose for the call I scrolled through my bbm, then I discovered why she had called.
‘Seer, is this true that Goldie is dead?’
My reply was ‘not sure’
In this age of easy access to information online, and sometimes fabrications, and rumoured news of celebs that ended up being false, there was one way I could verify or debunk this news – twitter. I follow Goldie Harvey’s handle on twitter and her label mates, plus her best friend in the industry, Denrele Edun. They must have something to say about it.

While I searched for their handles on twitter, I silently prayed that the news should turn out false because this girl was just starting out, she hadn’t been famous for as long as it takes, and with her upcoming reality show with Denrele by the way, this news got to be a joke.
Alas! it wasn’t a joke.
It is with heavy heart that I have to inform you all that Goldie passed this night shortly after arriving Lagos from LA. May her soul rest in the eternal peace of the Lord - Admin!! …’
‘…This is Goldies ADMIN WRITING please accept what has happened and pray for her soul, in death we are all equal no matter our beef

Like a Doubting Thomas I still wasn’t convinced when I remembered last year of some celebs like D’banj and Flavour complain of their twitter accounts hijacked by hackers. So I checked the timeline of her bosses at her record label, Kenny Ogungbe and Dayo Adeneye.
Kenny didn’t say anything about the news, so I was a bit relieved but then I checked Dayo’s and he confirmed the news to one of his followers, ‘yes, she is gone’
Further research revealed that she complained of severe headache upon return from her trip to America for the Grammys and was rushed to Reddington hospital but was dead before arrival.
Why must dead snatch our young ones when they are yet to hit their prime? This was the only question I could think of as I remembered the likes of Da’ Grin, and CD John.
May her soul rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment