Translate to your language of choice

Monday 4 February 2013

The Real or Fake Eboue Tenders an Apology


Remember that adage that you should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, in your life, ever, ever, ever try to offer an opinion when a man and his wife are having a quarrel, or two lovers at best. Like my sister will be quick to tell you, 'they them go take you settle'

The Ivorien football player Emmanuel Eboue was caught in the middle recently when a twitter handle claiming to be the real Eboue @therealeboue tried to come in between Nigerians and the Super Eagles with some not-too-pleasant comments via his twitter handle, and he received it hot, I mean really, really hot from Nigerians on twitter and facebook.

I had read a tweet by the said Eboue on a friends 'display picture' on blackberry messenger that insulted Mikel Obi after he lost the penalty against the Chipolopolo of Zambia in the Nations Cup group C match:

@TheRealEboue: I have to say this . Mikel shud never be wearing the legend JJ okocha's No10 Jersey. He is an Icon , mikel is a corn”

I quickly searched for the handle on twitter and was shocked at some of his offensive and insulting tweets at Mikel Obi. I wondered if the account was real because the affront was too daring, and I checked his bio and discovered the handle wasn't verified for a public figure like twitter will normally do, so I took his tweets that read like a call for attention with a pinch of salt. 

There were some people who thought he was saying the truth but most Nigerians didn't find it funny as they lashed out at him on twitter but that didn't deter the said handle from bashing Nigerians more as in the days that followed he threw more jabs:

@TheRealEboue: Jokers. Your institutions are comedy clubs. You have so many resources & manpower yet always falling short.

@TheRealEboue: A country where mikel obi is your best player & captain . Out of 150million people. You sure have a problem super chickens

@TheRealEboue So shut up & stop taking the frustration of the super chickens on me. Take it out on your NFA



And he got more missiles fired at him:

Omojuwa @omojuwa

I can take anything but not an idiot abusing my country. You this overrated refugee @TheRealEboue

@TheRealEboue how about you mind your business young man? You have a rather big mouth.

Your a fool ! Nobody knows your ugly face RT : I heard you Nigerians have been talking a lot about ...

People like  make you use abusive words and beg for forgiveness later. This nonentity has no right whatsoever 2 abuse Nigeria.

Unable to sustain the war-of-words battle with Nigerians this said Eboue quickly tendered an apology:

@TheRealEboue
I apologies to all Nigerians that might find my tweets offensive or sensitive. It's meant to be jokes and funny. I am sorry. 

Just when some Nigerians were applauding the fact that they had brought him to his knees another twitter handle @OfficialEboue came on claiming he is the real Eboue and that he was being impersonated:

I heard someone was impersonating me& insulting nigerians. I av d utmost respect for d country & I'll never do that #SuperEagles#IvoryCoast

The real eboue is here with an official account. RT TO THE WORLD. So this impersonation can stop.  

Before anyone could say 'fufu' @TheRealEboue quickly re-edited his handle by adding an 'e' i.e @TheRealEbouee and deleted most of the tweets where he insulted Mikel Obi and Nigeria.

Despite the clarification, the said fake account @TheRealEboue still has more followers than the acclaimed real account @OfficialEboue, but it has put paid to a quarrel that may have degenerated to something more uglier.

ASIDE: It's only a Nigerian that is capable of such feat, I mean the said fake account of Eboue might belong to a Nigerian, but I may be wrong, but one thing he or anyone who may want to take a future bashing at Nigeria or Nigerians have learnt is that it's only Nigerians that are certified to 'yab' their motherland and go scot free. Also, if anything, the tweeter controversy may have been responsible for the new winning streaks of the Super Eagles at the Nations Cup and I pray it stays so or get better.




1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I јust wаnted to ask іf you ever have any problems ωith hacκeгs?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked аnd Ι endeԁ up losing several
    weeκѕ of hard ωork ԁuе tο no baсkup.
    Dο you have any methods to protect against hackers?
    My web-site ... http://besra.seobybookmarks.com/

    ReplyDelete